Radi-CAL" is a blanket term used to describe AP Racing’s patented asymmetrical brake caliper design. Radi-Cal technology is grounded in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and allows for organic, alien-looking designs that are a radical departure from conventional caliper designs of the past. Radi-CAL's are widely considered the pinnacle of current brake caliper technology. Since their inception in 2007, these revolutionary calipers have amassed a lengthy string of race victories at all levels of professional motorsport, while redefining brake performance expectations.
Massive Stiffness Increase- A 30+ % increase in both static and dynamic stiffness vs. conventional calipers allows for far less deflection under load, which means superior pedal feel & modulation, more even pad wear, and longer caliper service life.
Considerable Mass Reduction- Removing all extraneous caliper mass lowers the caliper weight, despite the huge stiffness increases.
Optimized Airflow- Air moves around and through the caliper more efficiently, providing superior heat evacuation and cooling.
Efficient Packaging- The asymmetric caliper profile and internal fluid porting allows the caliper to fit into tighter spaces.
- Eliminates 23 lbs. of unsprung weight from the nose of the car
- Clears OEM 19" wheels without a spacer and fits many 18" wheels
- AP Racing Radi-CAL calipers are the stiffest, lightest, and most technologically advanced calipers available at any price
- CP9668 calipers use a 25mm thick, commonly available brake pad shape
- Ventilated, domed back, stainless steel pistons keep heat out of the brake fluid and provide an ultra-firm pedal
- Mitigation of pad knockback via anti-knockback springs behind the caliper pistons
- Anodized caliper finish that is resistant to wear and deterioration at elevated temperatures
- Stainless steel caliper hardware for a long caliper service life under frequent pad change conditions
- High temperature, low drag seals that will hold up to track temps= less rebuilding and longer service life
- No dust boots to burn up
- Simple pad change with two bolts or quick-change spring clip, no caliper removal required
- Lifetime professional caliper rebuilding support by Essex (at a fee)- pull off your calipers, send them to us, we clean, inspect, and rebuild them
- Available disc burnishing service ensures that your kit arrives ready to be installed and driven hard immediately
- Championship winning, 84 vane, fully floating, AP Racing J Hook racing discs with 12 attachment points to hat
- Anti-knockback/anti-rattle disc attachment hardware
- Replacement iron disc rings available at an extremely competitive replacement price
- Disc metallurgy specifically designed to handle the temps typically seen on track offer a long service life
- Highest quality, Spiegler stainless steel brake line with clear sheath that reduces compliance over OEM rubber design